- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- Development cooperation
- Australia-Mauritius Relationship
- About Australia
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Do I need a visa?
If you wish to travel to Australia you will need a Visa unless:
- You are an Australian National (you MUST enter on your Australian Passport)
- You are a New Zealand National (you MUST enter on your New Zealand Passport)
There are no exceptions to the above.
If you are transitting Australia you must apply for a transit visa.
- email: email@example.com
- Direct telephone number: (230) 202 0180 from 1.00 pm to 3.45 pm, Monday to Friday
- Visas office contact details
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Australian High Commission
2nd Floor Rogers House
5, President John Kennedy Street
Please be advised that walk-in inquiries will not be attended to after visa counter hours except in emergency cases requiring immediate assistance.
Applying for a visa
Forms and checklists
- Visitor visa - Tourist Stream Checklist
- Visitor visa - Tourist Stream - Additional information Required
- Visitor visa - Business Stream Checklist
- Transit visa Checklist
- Visitor visa - Medical Treatment Checklist
- Panel Doctor and radiologists in Mauritius, Reunion Island, Seychelles and Madagascar
Once you have downloaded the application form for a Visitor Visa or a Business Visa, carefully read the information sheet which outlines the documents you will need to provide .
You must then lodge your application at the Australian Hign Commission during the appropriate office hours.
Visa Application Forms cannot be lodged via email.
Other Relevant Information
- Working in Australia
- Returning Residents
- Migrating to Australia
- Requesting A Visa Label and Visa Evidencing Charge
- Processing offices of Permanent Entry visa applications
Collection of Passports
Passport collection must be made on Monday to Friday from 1.30 pm to 3:30 pm.
Applicants are required to present the collection slip issued to them at the time of lodgement of the visa application when collecting their passport. In cases where the collection slip cannot be located the applicant is required to call in personally at the Australian High Commission to collect his/her passport bringing along a photocopy of his/her identity card and a letter duly signed and confirming that the passport is being collected by him/her.
Please be advised that the passport of one applicant cannot be collected by another person in cases where the collection slip cannot be located.
For further information on visas for Australia you may either contact the visa section on (+230 202 0180), Monday to Friday from 1.00 to 3.45 pm or visit the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.