- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- Development cooperation
- Australia-Mauritius Relationship
- About Australia
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Please note that, depending on your circumstances, you may be requested to provide any of the following additional information:
1. For applicants aged 75 years and over must provide health insurance covering their whole period of stay in Australia.
Visa validity will be for the period of health insurance cover only.
2. For all applicants (11 years and older) visiting family members in hospital must provide a radiological examination using Form 160 and undertaken with a panel radiologist in Mauritius.
Applicants who are under the age of 11 years and visiting a family member in hospital must undergo a health examination using medical form 26.
Pregnant women visiting a family member in hospital must undergo a health examination using medical form 26.
3. Pregnant women going for childbirth in Australia must undergo a health examination with a panel doctor using medical Form 26. Hepatitis B test results must also be submitted.
Medical forms 26 and 160 must be downloaded from the website ‘www.immi.gov.au’ and the list of panel doctors and radiologists must be downloaded from the website ‘www.mauritius.embassy.gov.au’.
4. Applicants under the age of 18 years old travelling with one parent and where the whereabouts of the other parent is unknown must provide a Court Order from the Supreme Court of Mauritius authorising the removal of the minor child from Mauritius for travel to Australia
5. For applicants under the age of 18 years old travelling unaccompanied by both parents and visiting a non-relative (eg friends, and other contacts) must provide the following:
- A recent Australian Federal Police certificate from the sponsor – the National Police Check (NPC) application form must be completed by the sponsor and submitted together with the fee to the AFP office in Australia as per the instructions on the AFP website:
It should be noted that if airfares are paid in advance it has no bearing on the final decision on whether to grant or to refuse an application.